Visual. Intuitive. Powerful.
How do we do it?
Each module is customized to your operational specifics providing an accurate planning and operational digital blueprint. Whether you need to simulate a planned change or find efficiencies in your current operations, the Visual8 platform provides solutions that:
Visual8’s versatile suite of modules is customized to help clients solve complex production challenges. Specifically:
Advanced Capacity Planning
This is where the money is.
Better planning means better profits
Capacity Planning is an integral APS module providing long-term production planning capability against forecasted demand. Simulating the manufacture of future orders, the module provides a realistic view of plant resource utilization and requirements.
- Interactive graphical views of consolidated demand and projected resource utilization to synch sales and operations data
- Optimized long-term plan based on consolidated demand and capacity
- Allows for locking in of customer and forecast priorities
- “What-if” demand planning against finite production capacity
- Establishes a more profitable product mix
- Supports S&OP through optimization and rapid experimentation
Sales & Operation Management.
Better align your sales and operations.
Ensuring you can deliver what you promise
The Order Management module provides CSRs with a user-friendly sales entry, promise-date and order validation system. It manages customer orders across finishing plants, allocating orders against available capacity, WIP, and creating efficient marriages.
Features & Benefits
- Balances committed vs. forecast demand
- Comprehensive change tracking/auditing allows for side-by-side and before/after comparisons of long-term Sales and Production plans
- Instantaneous feedback on capacity and lead-time information for customer inquiries
- Configurable with business rules and capacity parameters
- Financial forecast breakdown based on inputted or imported pricing information
Intelligent Production Planning
Automatically Balance Production and Demand.
Leaving nothing to chance
Integrated translation of sales orders into manufacturing orders (MOs).
Features & Benefits
- Automatically balance production with demand
- Supports make-to-order or make-to-stock planning to make best use of existing inventory and WIP
- Optimally “marries” production into resource-efficient campaigns
- Powerful manual overrides for production order creation, adjustment, and allocation
- Visualization and tracking of orders through facility
- Optimizes Production for greater efficiencies
Automated Production Scheduling
Forget Excel spreadsheets.
Harnessing digital world opportunities
Production schedules are generated that sequence manufacturing orders through each major manufacturing process, respecting order due dates and resource constraints. The schedule optimizes production to satisfy business objectives.
Features and Benefits
- Cutting-edge multi-objective optimization for sequencing and batching applications
- Interactive drag/drop Gantt Chart for instantaneous schedule overrides.
- Schedules account for complex changeovers, tooling/resource constraints
- Scheduling levers control weighting of key preferences for each work area and global objectives
- Prioritization overrides allow giving preference to any customer/order
- Manual allocation and re-sequencing of MOs/coils by station with locking capability
Advanced Analytics & Optimization
Combining cutting-edge mathematical and data models to solve complex puzzles.
Just in time is on the money
Optimization is ideal when trying to make complex decisions that are affected by many different constraints. Visual8’s optimization tools are being used by companies across the world to reduce costs, balance production, increase yields and a great deal more.
Features & Benefits
- Balance millions of variable and constraints with one click
- Built to solve a type of problem – can be used over and over with different inputs
- Leverages world-class search engines and algorithms
- Customized to your specific constraints
- Many deployment options – embedded, standalone, cloud, etc.
- Flexible, tailored, easy to use
Production Modeling & Simulation
Test improvement ideas in a virtual representation of plant operations,
distribution network or any business process.
Simulation modelling provides decision-makers and managers with the equivalent of a virtual representation of their plant operations, distribution network, supply-chain or any business process, allowing them to test out improvement ideas in a quick and risk-free manner.
Features & Benefits
- Highly flexible simulation platform for rapid model development
- Fully scalable solutions, able to integrate with company data systems
- Accurately capture real-world process randomness and interdependencies
- Quickly identify and develop resolutions for production bottleneck
- Determine correct labor requirements avoiding unnecessary staffing/overhead
- Test out ideas risk-free and gain more insight into your operation
Servicing over 1/4 of the Fortune 100 Companies
Read what our clients say.
In 2021, consumers can have almost anything delivered conveniently to their front door – including prescription medications. With the prescription-based US online pharmacy market growing at 19% and expected to hit $132 billion by 2026, the race is on to...
Immunization has never been more important as the world continues to face a global health pandemic. There are many considerations that go into rolling out a vaccine, and the way the medication is packaged is crucial to its safety, efficacy, and overall...
Our V8-APS Sequencer and Order Management module helped provide developing lineups balance objectives of throughput, energy usage and due date conformance the capability to track order progress and release orders for production across four thermal...
Using an order allocation module, Visual8 determined the optimal set of coils to run at each plant in order to satisfy all customer orders while considering a number of criteria including maximum metal recovery, maximum coil width and minimum freight...
Employed an early version of V8-APS to manage the casting and rolling operations within the hot end of their Inland Steel plant in Gary Indiana. This planning and scheduling system synchronized iron and steel making across three continuous casters feeding...
Common planning and scheduling solution implemented across three (3) major North American Aluminum plants One plant (using Oracle ERP) was experiencing operational issues as a result of combing multiple plants and production lines into one facility Another...
See Visual8 in Action
Be the reason your company becomes more efficient.
Join the hundreds of other professionals who have championed better efficiency and achieved that through the integration of Visual8 platforms.
Stay up-to-date with Visual8 and innovative advanced planing and optimization solutions.
You haven’t explored all your advanced planning and optimization options until you’ve talked to us.