Toronto, ON, Canada
Visual8 is a growing supply chain modelling and optimization software and consulting services company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored optimization, planning, and scheduling systems across many industry sectors.
As an experienced member of Visual8’s Development Team, you will be working closely with consultants, computer modelling experts, and operations research professionals to design and manage the further development and maintenance of Visual8’s advanced planning, scheduling, and optimization platform and customer solutions.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain cloud-based and on-premises software applications
- Deploy and maintain application databases, complex back-end APIs, and business logic
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain data interfaces with third-party business software such as < ERP, MES, CRM, etc.
- Participate in all stages of software development projects, from the design phase through to implementation, and contribute to on-time and on-budget delivery of system solutions in accordance with the project plan
- Communicate directly with clients when needed, working closely with individuals and groups to develop and document a detailed and common understanding of the solution requirements
- Collaborate with team-members to design and implement new software features
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing complex software back-end solutions
- Proficient in C# or Java with exposure to C#
- Strong working knowledge of server-side technologies, such as ASP.NET/MVC, Web API
- Experience in writing SQL queries, stored procedure, and views
- Experience with LINQ and Entity framework
- Experience with Visual Studio and Nuget Package Manager
- Experience with Cloud application deployment (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience with source control systems such as Git, Team Foundation Server or similar
- Experience designing software architecture and complex database schemas an asset
- Experience working with DevExpress components an asset
- Experience working with popular ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) an asset
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or related field with exposure to object-oriented programming concepts