Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visual8 is a growing supply chain modelling and optimization software and consulting services company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored optimization, planning, and scheduling systems across many industry sectors.
As an experienced member of Visual8’s Consulting Team with a focus on algorithms and optimization, you will be managing business specialists, computer modeling experts, and operations research professionals to build and enhance Visual8’s powerful decision support software for clients’ and industries’ unique requirements. This role may be client-facing and involve international travel to customer sites, trade shows and conferences.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Oversee modelling of very complex customer or industry business processes in mathematical or programmatic languages and design and develop novel solution approaches using mathematical optimization, artificial intelligence, or search heuristics
- Distill customer or industry problem descriptions, process overviews, and business requirements into clear solutions approach
- Train Business Modelling Consultants on advanced applications of optimization techniques
- Research and incorporate into solutions the latest optimization and artificial intelligence techniques
- Work with Visual8’s partners in academia to advance the state of operations research, optimization, and artificial intelligence
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with partners and customers
- Strong practical or academic experience applying algorithms, optimization, and artificial intelligence approaches to real-world problems
- Excellent analytical, numerical, problem-solving abilities
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of mathematical optimization and artificial intelligence (linear or mixed integer programming, constraint programming, heuristic search, perturbation or genetic algorithms)
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented computer programming (Python, C#, C++, Java) and mathematical modelling languages and tools (AMPL, GAMS, CPLEX, Xpress, GLPK)
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Ability and willingness to meet fast-paced, sometimes demanding timelines
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Degree (preferably M.Sc. or higher) in Industrial or Computer Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or similar quantitative field