Toronto, ON, Canada
Visual8 is a growing supply chain modelling and optimization software and consulting services company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored optimization, planning, and scheduling systems across many industry sectors.
As an experienced member of Visual8’s Consulting Team, you will be managing business specialists, computer modeling experts, and operations research professionals to fit Visual8’s powerful decision support software to clients’ unique requirements across many industry sectors. This client-facing role may involve international travel to customer sites, trade shows and conferences.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Lead a solutions implementation or industry team and serve as customer or industry liaison with overall responsibility for client or solution success
- Distill customer or industry problem descriptions, process overviews, and business requirements into clear project specifications and proposed solutions architecture
- Design and apply appropriate techniques (simulation modeling, mathematical optimization, etc.) to customer or industry problems
- Model or oversee modelling of complex customer or industry business processes in mathematical or programmatic languages and work with Algorithms & Optimization experts on solution approaches
- Develop and oversee testing plans for customer or industry solutions
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers
- Participate in solutions sales process including sales meetings, presentations, and proposals
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, operations research, or project management role
- Excellent analytical, numerical, problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management, communications, and sales skills
- Experience mapping out process flows, documenting complex business processes, and designing state-of-the-art processes and tools
- Ability and willingness to meet fast-paced, sometimes demanding project timelines
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally frequently
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented computer programming (C#, Java, SQL, or similar)
- Experience with production or supply chain modelling or planning and scheduling
- Practical knowledge of mathematical optimization and artificial intelligence (linear or mixed integer programming, constraint programming, heuristic search, perturbation or genetic algorithms) an asset
- Experience with discrete event simulation tools (SIMUL8, Arena) and mathematical modelling languages and tools (AMPL, GAMS, CPLEX, Xpress, GLPK) an asset
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, or similar field