Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visual8 is a growing supply chain modelling and optimization software and consulting services company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored optimization, planning, and scheduling systems across many industry sectors.
As a member of Visual8’s Consulting Team, you will be working amongst business specialists, computer modeling experts, and operations research professionals to fit Visual8’s powerful decision support software to clients’ unique requirements across many industry sectors. This client-facing role may involve international travel to customer sites, trade shows and conferences.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Work independently or as part of a solution implementation team as the customer liaison with overall responsibility for customer success
- Distill customer problem descriptions, process overviews, and business requirements into clear project specifications and proposed solutions architecture
- Design and apply appropriate techniques (simulation modeling, mathematical optimization, etc.) to customer problems
- Model complex customer business processes in mathematical or programmatic languages and work with Algorithms & Optimization experts on solution approaches
- Develop and oversee testing plan for customer solution
- Document and train customers on solution use and best practices
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers
- Excellent analytical, numerical, problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience mapping out process flows and documenting complex business processes
- Ability and willingness to meet fast-paced, sometimes demanding project timelines
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally frequently
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented computer programming (C#, Java, SQL, or similar)
- Experience with production or supply chain modelling or planning and scheduling an asset
- Practical knowledge of mathematical optimization and artificial intelligence (linear or mixed integer programming, constraint programming, heuristic search, perturbation or genetic algorithms) an asset
- Experience with discrete event simulation tools (SIMUL8, Arena) and mathematical modelling languages and tools (AMPL, GAMS, CPLEX, Xpress, GLPK) an asset
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, or similar field