SIMUL8 Network Site Licensing
Concurrent User Licensing is available for both Standard and Professional versions of SIMUL8.
How Does It Work?
SIMUL8 can be installed on any number of PCs that can access the SIMUL8 server licensing controller (installed on the corporation’s LAN). When a user starts SIMUL8 on one of these PCs it asks the server for permission to run. The server looks at the total number of SIMUL8s running. If this is less than the number of licenses owned then the user’s PC starts SIMUL8. If not, then the user is given a polite message about waiting until later because too few licenses are available.
For users who need to make use of a laptop away from the network there is a process for “logging out” from the server so that the user can make use of one of the licenses while disconnected and traveling.
- Minimum purchase of 5 licenses
- Works with SIMUL8 Standard or SIMUL8 Professional and all plugins.
- The main benefit of network licensing over single user licensing is the ability to install the software on more than a single PC.
- Price is calculated as follows: number of concurrent users required (minimum 5) x cost per single license ($1495 / $4995) x 1.2 – For this you are provided with the functionality to install SIMUL8 on every PC at your site.
- FlexLM/FlexNet and RLM technology available – contact us for pricing
- Can be accessed from anywhere on corporation’s LAN where client software has been installed (can be installed on any LAN networked PCs)
- Up to MaxUsers can use it at any time
- Automatically monitors itself to ensure compliance to MaxUsers limit
- Additional licenses can be added in single units
- Currently owned single users licenses can be added at time of purchase of the minimum 5 for cost of 0.2 x price of a single user license (do not count toward the minimum)
- All licenses must be for same products (e.g. Standard or Professional or Standard +OptQuest etc)
System Requirements for SIMUL8 NLS
SIMUL8 NLS System Requirements for the client (end user) computer are the same as the main SIMUL8 System Requirements. In addition the SIMUL8 NLS requires file server facilities as follows:
- File share on a network accessible drive
- Read access for client users to a specific folder installed into the file share
- Write access for client users to a specific sub-folder of the above folder
- 200 MB of available space on the file server before install starts (most of this is to help the client install process and can be deleted after the clients are set up)
- Very minimal bandwidth (only a few bytes when each SIMUL8 opens and closes)
The above do not require any specific server operating system. Any operating system that can serve files is sufficient. There is no minimum speed requirement.