Maximizing Resource Utilization for Homecare Service Providers
In response to challenges faced by in-home care providers, Visual8 developed a Homecare Workforce Optimization System that enables detailed analysis and optimization of a client’s entire Nursing Workforce.
The Homecare Resource Planner (HRP) utilizes past data and suggests better therapy class coverage to minimize costs. Based on resource availability, staff turnover, patient requirements, visit locations, HRP will show where new hires are required or a scale-back in current staffing should be considered. The tool optimizes the mix of full time, part time and contract staff to satisfy regional or local area demands.
Customizable interactive displays show data layers, as specified by the user, including a patient demand heat map and nurse utilization by province/territory.
The mapping engine also includes zoom-and-pan capabilities to pinpoint any specific region of interest.
The HRP provides a nursing input module where management can enter and view nurse parameters such as working hours per week, nurse type cost, nurse type availability and nurse experience parameters.
Using sophisticated optimization techniques, the HRP’s solver then provides intelligent recommendations on where to add or remove the workforce.
- A staffing solver determines staffing location and mix based on costs and patient demand profiles.
- The heat map interface allows both demand (patient and location) and supply (nurse type and location) visualization of a specific geographic profile.
- A Case Load Optimizer enables “what-if” analysis regarding costing and staff sourcing inputs.
- Quickly solves new staffing hires or cut backs based on regional demand levels and nurse caseloads.
The Homecare Resource Planner provides a proactive approach to developing a flexible workforce and a means to optimize the workforce based on patient demand, location, therapy type, staffing types, utilization and uniqueness weightings.
- Easy to use with a one touch Solver button
- Rapid ROI
- Optimize workforce based on a number of parameters: visit/therapy type, visit location, staffing types, and staff uniqueness
- Develops recommendations on new workforce: type, number, location
- Shows cost savings: where and how much