Senior Software Systems Designer
Join a growing consulting firm working with Fortune 200 clients across North America. We specialize in business process improvement as well as production planning, scheduling and sequencing across many industry sectors.
This position provides an opportunity to assist in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of distributed manufacturing software solutions that integrate multiple applications and data systems throughout an organization from shop floor to corporate level.
As a member of the systems team, you will take an active role in all stages of software system development projects, from the design phase through to implementation, and contribute to on-time and on-budget delivery of system solutions in accordance with the project plan. You will communicate directly with clients, working closely with individuals and groups to develop and document a detailed and common understanding of the solution requirements.
The work will also entail designing, developing and installing system databases as well as designing, developing and testing user interfaces for both Windows- and web-based applications. Experience with simulation, modeling and/or scheduling applications would be an asset.
You will be working with computer programming experts and simulation modeling professionals, on projects in many different industries. The work may involve some travel around North America to client sites, trade shows and conferences.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex software solutions
- Proficiency in VB, VB.NET, C++, Java, C#, ASP, ASP.NET or similar
- Database design in SQL Server, Oracle or similar; ability to write stored procedures and triggers
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and experience with reporting tools
- Strong knowledge of database administration and security considerations
- Experience with web development technologies an asset
- Familiarity with popular ERP, MES and SCADA software an asset
What we offer
In recognition of his or her ambition and experience, the successful candidate will have a significant degree of freedom as well as an excellent salary with the potential for company profit-sharing. The individual will be involved in a diverse mix of interesting projects with practical “bottom-line” results for our clients. The environment is stimulating, challenging and enjoyable. The role is based at our Canadian headquarters in an office setting in the Toronto area.
To apply please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.