Operations Research Consultant
Join a growing supply chain optimization software company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored production optimization, planning and scheduling systems across many industry sectors. You’ll learn how to tackle industrial planning and scheduling problems, manufacturing and logistics issues, and business process design applications through the use of diverse operations research techniques including mathematical optimization, discrete-event simulation, and heuristic approaches.
As a member of our consulting team, you will be working with computer modeling experts and operations research professionals on projects in many different industry sectors. This client-facing role will involve some travel around North America to project sites, trade shows and conferences. You will also have the opportunity to work with our solutions development team, enhancing our proprietary component suite used to develop large-scale integrated production planning and scheduling systems.
We are currently looking for individuals who have exceptional analytical abilities, above average communication skills, and who are enthusiastic about developing their professional career in computer modeling.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Management Science
- Knowledge of production modeling and planning & scheduling theory and practice
- Knowledge of mathematical optimization methods and scheduling heuristics
- Experience with mathematical modeling software such as CPLEX, AMPL, GAMS, GLPK
- Experience with computer programming (C#, SQL, ASP.NET, Java, or similar)
- Experience with discrete-event simulation software, preferably SIMUL8
- Excellent analytical, numerical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to cope with a fast-paced, sometimes demanding project timeline
What we offer
In recognition of his or her ambition and experience, the successful candidate will have a significant degree of freedom as well as a competitive salary with the potential for company profit-sharing. The individual will be involved in a diverse mix of interesting projects with practical “bottom-line” results for our clients. The environment is stimulating, challenging and enjoyable. The role is based at our Canadian headquarters in an office setting in the Toronto area.
To apply please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.