Junior Software Systems Designer
Join a growing supply chain optimization software company working with Fortune 500 clients across North America and the world. We specialize in developing and implementing custom-tailored production optimization, planning and scheduling systems across many industry sectors.
This position provides an opportunity to assist in the design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of Cloud-based and on-premises decision-support software solutions that integrate multiple applications and data systems throughout an organization from supply chain to corporate level.
As a member of the systems team, you will take an active role in all stages of software system development projects, from the design phase through to implementation, and contribute to on-time and on-budget delivery of system solutions in accordance with the project plan. You will communicate directly with clients, working closely with individuals and groups to develop and document a detailed and common understanding of the solution requirements.
The work will also entail deploying and maintaining application databases as well as designing, developing and testing business logic and user interfaces for both Windows- and web-based applications.
You will be working with a team of consultants, engineers and developers on projects for companies spanning many different industries and located worldwide. The work may involve some travel around North America to client sites, trade shows and conferences.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related field with exposure to object oriented programming concepts
- 1-2 years of experience designing and developing n-tier software solutions
- Proficiency in C# or other .NET language
- Familiarity with relational database implementation in SQL Server, Oracle or similar; ability to write complex SQL queries, views, and stored procedures
- Hands-on experience with source control systems such as Git, Team Foundation Server or similar
- Experience with LINQ and Entity framework an asset
- Experience with Agile development methodologies an asset
- Experience with Cloud application deployment (WCF, AWS, Microsoft Azure) an asset
- Experience working with popular ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) an asset
What we offer
In recognition of his or her ambition and experience, the successful candidate will have a significant degree of freedom as well as an excellent salary with the potential for company profit-sharing. The individual will be involved in a diverse mix of interesting projects with practical “bottom-line” results for our clients. The environment is stimulating, challenging and enjoyable. The role is based at our Canadian headquarters in an office setting in the Toronto area.
To apply please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.